AD45 - Los Angeles & Ventura Counties
What are Assembly District Delegates?
Every two years, the CA Democrats elect 7 self-identified females and 7 other than self-identified females from each Assembly District in CA as delegates to the state party. Those who are elected will have a chance to vote for the new party chair and other leadership. The race is hotly contested and will determine how welcoming, grassroots-focused and innovative the party becomes or how beholden it will remain to big money interests.
Delegates elect Party officers, endorse candidates for statewide, legislative and congressional office, attend the annual convention, network with other Democrats, represent your constituency, promote the California Democratic Party agenda, and vote to endorse resolutions and ballot measures.
You get 14 votes for delegates, 1 of which you must also vote for Executive Board Representative.
Voting Time & Location
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2019
Doors Open: 11:30am
Candidate Speeches Begin: 12:00pm
Registration & Voting: 12:30pm-2:30pm
Organization of Istanbul Armenians
19726 Sherman Way
Winnetka, CA 91306
*Any registered Democrat living in the district is eligible to vote. On-site voter registration is available for those not registered as Democrats.
Can We Count on You?
Your Progressive Candidates
Betty Doumas Toto
Your Progressive Executive Board Candidate
Vote for Delegate AND Executive Board Rep.
- Lifelong Democrat
- Four-term CADEM Delegate
- Current E- Board representative
- Member: Los Angeles County Democratic Party, Progressive Democrats of the Santa Monica Mountains, Progressive Democrats of the San Fernando Valley.
- Received both the Roosevelt and Truman awards
- Elected member of DPSFV Executive Board for past 12 years
- Active member of DPSFV PAC
- Awarded DPSFV Lifetime Achievement Award in Dec. 2018
- Previously elected AD member of CDP 3 times, current AD45 delegate
- Active member of Valley Grassroots for Democracy, North Valley Democratic Club, and Progressive Democrats of America-San Fernando Valley Chapter
- Membership director, Healthcare for All – CA San Fernando Valley
- Regional Coordinator Healthy California Campaign
- Board member, Americans for Democratic Action
- Mother of two young children
- Indivisible 30 group leader
- Protest Organizer and founder of SFV Resistance Protests
- Campaign volunteer for Katie Hill for Congress
- Health Educator for Veterans
- Member of Suburban Women’s Advocacy Network – SFV
- 35+ year teacher and teacher leader.
- Past United Teachers Los Angeles Secondary VP and Valley West Area Chair.
- Longtime advocate for immigrant rights and social justice.
- 1 term ADEM Delegate
- Member of CDP Labor, Women’s, and Progressive Caucuses
- UCLA Student Advocacy Liaison for UC Affordability initiatives
- CA Young Democrats Member
- Student Director for UC Advocacy Network Student Ambassador Program
- 3 term AD45 Delegate to the Democratic State Central Committee
- Environmental Activist
- Delegate at large with the Las Virgines Homeowners Federation
- Mother of two
- Healthcare Consumer Advocate
- Global Health Organizer advocating for federal legislative solutions to global poverty at RESULTS
- Former Deputy Field Director for President Obama’s Organizing for Action
- Led the #Fight4ourHealth coalition
- Former surrogate for Katie Porter
- Former President of the CSUN Filipino American Student Association
- Former member of the CSUN Associated Students Clubs and Orgs Committee
- Business Owner awarded 2016 Outstanding Small Business by the U.S. Small Business Administration & Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Creator of Reseda Blvd. Summer Series an outdoor Community art festival
- Member of Northridge South Neighborhood Council
- 28+ years as attorney representing injured workers
- Shared 2018 Lifetime achievement award from Dem Party of SFV with Doris Dent
- VGFD Secretary, exec board member, and club rep to DP/SFV
- North Valley Dems member and Facebook contributor
- 3 terms as CDP delegate
- Grandparent worried about kids in an imperiled Earth
- Four-term delegate to CDP State Central Committee
- Executive board member of DPSFV
- Vice-President of Progressive Democrats of Santa Monica Mountains
- Member of Valley Grassroots for Democracy and North Valley Democratic Club
- Co-chapter leader of Progressive Democrats of America-San Fernando Valley Chapter
- Treasurer of PDA-CA
- Father of two
- Current AD45 Delegate to the Democratic State Central Committee.
- Former Bernie Sanders Delegate
- Communication Director Democrats for Israel
- Small Union Business Owner
- 2 terms CDP State Central Committee
- Former CDP Legislation Committee
- Former DPSFV Exec Board Current Secretary
- National Writers Union Former President
- CWA Local 9503
- Current KCET Community Advisory Board
- Current Chapter President, ATT Pioneers
- Past United Teachers Los Angeles Secondary VP (6 years) and UTLA Valley West Area Chair (9 years)
- 35+ year high school teacher.
- 10+ year Editor, Sierra Club Angeles Chapter Southern Sierran Newspaper and longtime environmental activist.
- Member of UCLA Parents Council working on many issues including keeping tuition affordable and food security for ALL students.